Call Your Representative: H.R. 3905 Threatens BWCAW
Representative Tom Emmer has introduced a bill in Congress that reinstates the Twin Metals mineral leases on the edge of the BWCAW. The bill would also require Congressional approval to establish national monuments and to withdraw Superior National Forest land from mining. Our members of Congress need to hear that this bill is unacceptable, revokes basic environmental protections in Minnesota, and puts a national treasure at risk. Call your representative today and ask them to oppose H.R. 3905:
- Representative Tim Walz, 1st District – (202) 225-2472
- Representative Jason Lewis, 2nd District – (202) 225-2271
- Representative Erik Paulsen, 3rd District – (202) 225-2871
- Representative Betty McCollum, 4th District – (202) 225-6631
- Representative Keith Ellison, 5th District – (202) 225-4755
- Representative Tom Emmer, 6th District – (202) 225-2331
- Representative Collin Peterson, 7th District – (202) 225-2165
- Representative Rick Nolan, 8th District – (202) 225-6211
Contact Your Representatives
Your state and federal representatives want to hear from you! Contact them and let them know why the BWCAW is important to you and what you think about the issues that affect it. View our guide to speaking with legislators for tips on how to draft successful email, phone call, or in person meeting.
To find out who your representatives are, use this online legislative tool.